The Modern Web3 Community Builder: A Handbook to Collective Symbol System.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5-star review:
Eliot's playbook to collective Symbol System + 5 pillars ebook is a really powerful combo for community builders of all experience levels. Some of the best community building advice I’ve read since entering the space.
- Eric, Founder @ Community Consult
What could you achieve if you had more than just a well-organized discord to spark meaningful conversations?
In this handbook, I give you the keys to create a shared sense of identity in your community and detail the mental models you can adopt to improve the speed and quality of your community interactions.
I have one singular goal: make you a smarter community builder that can captivate a tribe's imagination and shape communities where meaningful conversations and genuine human connections happen.
To achieve this, I’ll provide you with:
- A community of trailblazers to help you on your journey.
- A set of mental models for arousing a feeling of membership.
- A framework for sharing cultural context with new members.
- A system for going from an operational game to a cultural one.
- Concrete examples from Web3 communities you can take inspiration from.
This handbook is a chance for you to stay caught up, become an industry trailblazer, and ensure your project's longevity by tapping into the most dynamic force both outside and inside your organization: the people.
Inside the Handbook
This handbook outlines a new path for you to bring your people together, build a culture of intimacy, and shape community with a purpose bigger than yourself or your product.
And while this playbook incorporates a few beginner concepts, it is not a beginner's guide for pre-career community builders.
It is a reference handbook for community leaders.
It is the culmination of 24 months of work, mentorship, and research collected throughout my Web3 career.
My mission is to help you:
- Make your community reach its Cultural Moment.
- Turn your audience into a real community with shared passions and goals.
- Go away from level bubble tips & understand the depth of human behavior.
If you're looking to get your community members become evangelists, without making them feel they are doing something risky or making YOUR values become a part of THEIR life, this course is for you!
Part 1: Learn to open your mind.
In the first part of the course, we'll see how to:
+ Adopt the right mindset.
+ Be aware of potential community's symbols.
+ Leave off the pressure to embrace new ideas.
+ Refine your definition of Success.
+ Embrace the decentralization of your brand.
+ Help kickstart the flywheel without being pushy.
Part 2: Nurture you community's ideas.
In this second part, we'll go over the form of ideas that will likely come out of your community:
+ Images (visual representation)
+ Words (expressions and languages)
+ Ideas (the stories and ideas reflecting your members' ideal)
+ Signs (that members will showcase proudly to show their belonging)
Part 3: The crafting process.
In this final part, we'll learn to:
+ Leverage CC0.
+ Shape a commitment curve.
+ Create and distribute tokens of appreciation.
+ Leverage the Community Operational Framework.
Am I the right teacher for you?
My name is Eliot Couvat and I'll be your instructor.
I've walked in your shoes before - struggling to build a community of like-minded people with no resources. And since then, it's been my mission to create the educational resources I wish I had.
So over the past 24 months, I've worked throughout Silicon Valley as a Head Of Community, helped design internet-native communities, spent 1,000+ hours analyzing the success of Web3 communities. I published my learnings in many mainstream publications such as Bankless or Business Insider and in a book.
And while I'm confident in the solution I provide, I encourage you to evaluate me on 3 personal promises:
- I will only teach you things I have noticed worked (with concrete examples).
- I will continuously improve this workbook with your feedback and new research.
- I will add new, meaningful content in 2023.
What people are saying...
"As we move towards digitally native & culture driven communities, Eliot continues to prove how symbol systems create shared ownership and stronger long-term value alignment. A must have for anyone starting their community." - Heloise Pajot, Lead Web3 Innovation at EDF
"I spent my Monday reading this handbook and applying the learning. Every sentence is gold and makes so much sense." - Sara, Web3 community builder.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will this help if I've already started my community? Yes - in fact, you might be at an advantage. This course presents a new way of thinking about community building - a way of having your members build your community alongside you. Having existing members helping you define a symbol system will make it easier for you, and results in a 10x more engaged audience.
- What if I've never built a community online before? Then this course is a great way to start. You'll learn how to set the right foundations for your community to grow sustainably. If you're unsure what's the best way to start a community, I can't recommend you enough to start by reading my free ebook, 'The 5 Pillars Of Web3 Community Building'.
- Couldn't I just do this myself with all of the free content out there? Sure, you could spend hours finding each piece of this course in every corner of the internet, try to organize them in a way that makes sense, then search for concrete examples of Web3 communities that have implemented those systems. Or you could also buy another community course at $2500 that will do it for you. But this course is by far the easiest way to get all the best practices, in an organized way, with concrete examples and templates.
- Don't you think $59 is too expensive? Each day that passes where you're building your community without doing it correctly, you're wasting time. I'm sure you're confident you can make your community take off the ground. You simply don't know what you're currently doing wrong. I've been in your shoes before, and I've figured it out. Rather than asking if $59 is too expensive, you should ask yourself: Does this guy know what building a Web3 community correctly looks like? Will he make me win back my future time? If the answers to those two questions are yes and you value your time, then $59 is a reasonable price for the value provided.
- What's the time commitment? It will take you ~3h to read the entire course. But this course has been designed for you to come back and check the modules regularly, using this as a handbook for each step of your journey.
- Will I get free updates? Yes. That's LIFE-TIME access. I've already added many new modules and frameworks since I first launched the course, and chances are the value I provide in this course will continue to increase by 2x, 5x, or even 10x in the next months. But for you, the price's still the same.You can be happy knowing you locked in at an absolute steal.
- How do I get support if I'm stuck? There are monthly AMAs to help you get unstucked. You get the chance to get the best tips from dozens of other community builders who often already experienced what you're going through. I'm also here to help you in any way I can, and am always free for a 1:1 call.
- Can I get a refund? 30-day refunds are available, minus PayPal fees if PayPal is used for payment.